Round 1 was planned based on the key learnings and approaches tested during thePilot Phase.
Outcomes of Round 1include:
- Data provision – enabling road asset data via GIS
- Develop/deliver the Advancement of a Road Manager Toolkit to support future engineering assessments.
- Uploading and sharing asset assessments and GIS data.
Round 1 is now closed
Local councils were invited to express their interest in participating in Round 1 of the project in May 2020.
Formal nominations were collected via the Asset Nomination Survey 21 September – 2 October 2020, with an extension of the survey until 14th October.
For any local governments who did not apply in Round 1 and would like to register interest in possible future rounds of asset assessments, please nominate here.
Processing Round 1 nominations
More than 85 local governments submitted assets in SLGAAP Round 1, nominating over 900 bridges and culverts for engineering assessment.
The SLGAAP team is now reviewing the asset data, including:
1. Validating the asset data provided
2. Considering the access improvements related to OSOM and the overall heavy vehicle network
3. Prioritising funding to provide value-for-money outcomes to support national heavy vehicle access.
Considering the high level of interest and volume of nominated assets, it is expected that all local governments will be notified about the success of their nominations for SLGAAP Round 1 by the end of 2020.
Feedback provided on the interactive map
A number of assets were identified by industry, via an interactive map. If it was a local government-owned asset, the information was provided to the road manager for consideration and nomination for asset assessment. Other information, such as state road asset information or privately managed assets was sent to the relavant parties.
To nominate assets on the interactive map, click here.